Retro refrigerators have a unique vintage design and durability that can not be found in any other modern home appliance.
Well, if you’re in the market for a retro refrigerator, you don’t have to go back in time to get that style.
While most people prefer stainless steel or modern technology designs, others may love the vintage look and feel of retro appliances.
Lucky for you, there are plenty of modern retro refrigerators that are still available on the market today.
Retro refrigerators come in all different colors, sizes, shapes, and can be very stylized, but they all have one thing in common: they’re built to last!
Plus, they add a touch of classic style.
- Complete List of the Best Retro Refrigerators
- 11 Best Retro Refrigerators
- 1. Top Freezer Retro Style Refrigerator by Galanz
- 2. Retro Mini Fridge with Bottle Opener by Frigidaire
- 3. Bottom-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by iio
- 4. One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator by Kenmore
- 5. Retro Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer by Chambers
- 6. Top-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by GE
- 7. Retro style refrigerator from Jenn Air Appliances
- 8. One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator from Kenmore
- 9. Retro-style Refrigerator from Crosley
- 10. Vintage Fridge by Whirlpool
- 11. ELUX Series by Electrolux
- Latest Posts
In a hurry? Check out our favorites below for your best option in choosing the best retro refrigerator:
Complete List of the Best Retro Refrigerators
- Top Freezer Retro Style Refrigerator by Galanz
- Retro Mini Fridge with Bottle Opener by Frigidaire
- Bottom-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by iio
- One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator by Kenmore
- Retro Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer by Chambers
- Top-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by GE
- Retro style refrigerator from Jenn Air Appliances
- One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator from Kenmore
- Retro-style refrigerator from Crosley
- Vintage fridge from Whirlpool
- ELUX Series from Electrolux
If you’re looking to recapture some of that nostalgic simplicity and want something that will really stand out in your kitchen, a retro refrigerator could be perfect for you!
But with so many different models to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your home at a reasonable price?
We’ve compiled some of the best retro-styles refrigerator options on the market today to help make your decision easier.
11 Best Retro Refrigerators
1. Top Freezer Retro Style Refrigerator by Galanz
The retro look of this top freezer refrigerator is a distinct feature that will appeal to many kitchen users.
- Spacious freezer, big chill, and refrigerator storage
- Can fit 9 bottles on the door shelves
- A removable water reservoir eliminates dripping from ice cubes or melted ice from inside the freezer
- Comes with a lock and key set that helps prevent children from opening the door
- An open door alarm that tells you if you left it open helps prevent energy loss and save money on your electric bill
2. Retro Mini Fridge with Bottle Opener by Frigidaire
With only 2/3 cubic feet capacity, this retro mini-fridge is ideal for small spaces such as home offices, small kitchens, and dorm rooms.
- A sleek stainless steel door with an attached bottle opener
- Can be used as a beer fridge, a wine chiller, or a soda can storage
- Ideal storage for small-size items
- Adjustable interior shelving
- Uses environmentally-friendly R600A refrigerant and energy-efficient LED lights.
- The interior lighting is easy on the eyes and is activated by a light switch conveniently located on the exterior front.
3. Bottom-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by iio
The retro design of this bottom freezer refrigerator model will instantly turn it into the focal point of the kitchen room.
A side-by-side refrigerator with high-quality stainless steel doors and exterior gives the product a classic look that will last for years to come even through heavy daily use.
- A total capacity of 9.5 cubic feet
- Adjustable glass shelves
- Interior lighting
- Great in making ice creams and ice makers
- Turns water into fresh ice cubes in just 6 minutes!
4. One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator by Kenmore
This one-door compact size refrigerator measures only 1/2 cubic feet in size, which is perfect for your home bar.
It has enough storage space for keeping beverages chilled during parties and other occasions!
- Front mount freezer compartment
- Transparent sliding: you can see what’s stored inside without opening the main floor refrigerator section.
5. Retro Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer by Chambers
The retro style of this bottom freezer refrigerator model is perfectly combined with modern technology.
- Full-width pull-out wire shelves
- Humidity crispers
- Adjustable thermostat control for maximum freshness and convenience (6 cubic feet).
- Door shelves can store tall bottles such as 2 liter soda containers
- Deep crisper drawers that keep fresh food longer.
6. Top-Freezer Retro Refrigerator by GE
Simple and efficient, this top freezer refrigerator will fit into any kitchen design thanks to its classic look.
- Convenient size with 4.2 cu ft capacity
- Adjustable door bins that can accommodate a variety of items from small items to big items, beverages to fruits, vegetables and even ice cubes!
- Reversible removable glass shelves
7. Retro style refrigerator from Jenn Air Appliances
This is a stylish retro-design refrigerator that has an interior layout designed to maximize food storage space while maintaining an elegant appearance of the product.
- LED lighting
- Crisper drawers
- Slide-out wire shelves
- Adjustable door bins
- Spill-proof shelves
- Can fit inside over 300 wine bottles
8. One-Door Compact Retro Refrigerator from Kenmore
This is another top performer retro refrigerator that earned an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from Amazon customers.
- 7 cubic feet capacity
- Automatic defrosting system
- Adjustable wire shelves to accommodate all types of items from cans to tall bottles
- A certified energy star environmentally friendly refrigerator that uses R600A refrigerant
- Large freezer compartment that includes two wire racks perfect for keeping meats or larger items upright and organized
9. Retro-style Refrigerator from Crosley
This top-freezer refrigerator combines modern day comfort with classic design to produce a product that is sturdy enough for everyday use.
- Bold colors for the exterior
- Interior light
- Adjustable wire shelves
- Spill-proof glass shelves
- Large bucket handle door for ice cube retrieval
- Option to choose to use your freezer compartment without additional ice cube trays
10. Vintage Fridge by Whirlpool
The Whirlpool vintage fridge is one of the best-looking fridges on the market today with its 20th century look.
It comes in nine colors option to pick from along with chrome hardware for a nice touch of style.
There are many features that come standard on this model including:
- Water filter indicator light
- Lift up handle
- Adjustable freezer shelf
- Adjustable temperature controls
11. ELUX Series by Electrolux
This retro refrigerator is very functional comes in black or white with chrome hardware depending on your color options.
This retro ref comes with:
- Full-size door and freezer combination
- Ice maker built into the unit on the left-hand side
- Adjustable shelves
- Single handle for easy opening
What is a retro refrigerator?
A retro refrigerator is an antique style of kitchen appliance that was used from the 1920s-1950s.
It’s also called a vintage refrigerator or a 50s fridge.
What are the types of retro refrigerator?
There are three types of retro refrigerators that were made before modern fridges came around including side-by-side, French door, and top freezer units.
What are the features I need to look for?
Retro refrigerators have a few features that can be used as indicators of whether it still works or not.
These include the levels of noise it produces, how well it cools and if the gaskets suit your needs.
Do retro fridges come with ice makers?
Yes, a majority of retro fridges come with ice makers. If your retro fridge does not have an ice maker, you can buy one separately and install it in the freezer.
The best retro refrigerator will have many great features to make it stand out from other models.
It also provides a touch of nostalgia for anyone who has memories of older-style kitchen appliances.
It should be functional while having a stylish look that fits into any kitchen décor easily.
There are several high-quality retro fridges available on the market today so take your time in choosing which one is right for you.
So, there you have it. We hope this article has helped you in your search for the perfect retro fridge to suit your needs and style.
We’d love to know what you think about this article, share your opinion with us!
- Crash Proof Retirement®: Thrive in any market 2022
- BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES IN ARIZONA: SEE THE 8 CITIES THAT MADE THE CUT 2022!
- Things You Should Know About the Lincoln Benefit Life Annuity
- How Long Does it Take to Remodel a Kitchen? Get the facts first!
- Put Out a Grease Fire on a Grill – Without Burning Your House In 2022