Have you seen the Honda Pilot and are thinking about purchasing one? Great choice!
What Is The Honda Pilot Towing Capacity? The Honda Pilot’s towing capacity is up to 5,000 pounds depending on the trim level. The lower trim packages start at 3500 pounds. It also has plenty of storage and seats up to 8 people so there is plenty of room to tow a small/medium-sized car or boat and still have plenty of room for luggage and your family.
In a Hurry?
Features of the Honda Pilot:
- Maximum cargo space in the Pilot is 109 cubic feet behind the front row.
- You can customize your seating arrangement with one of six configurations for passenger and cargo space.
- Seating for up to seven passengers is standard, but you can upgrade to seating for eight passengers as an available option.
- Maximum storage space when all seats are occupied is 55 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row and 87 cubic feet behind the second row.
The Honda Pilot has special editions that come in three trim levels available – LX, EX, and Touring. Each trim has a slightly different towing capacity
- Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity: Heavy Hauler
HONDA PILOT TOWING CAPACITY BY TRIM LEVEL
Honda Pilot LX
- The base model Honda Pilot LX is equipped with a 2-wheel drivetrain and comes standard with a 3.5-liter V6 engine.
It produces 280 horsepower and 262 pound-feet of torque.
- This SUV can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, which is less than many competing models.
- When paired with two-wheel drive, it has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds.
- When equipped with four-wheel drive, the vehicle’s maximum towing capacity increases slightly to 3,500 pounds.
Honda Pilot EX
- The midlevel Pilot EX comes with the same 280-horsepower engine as the LX trim.
- It adds an all-wheel drivetrain with intelligent variable torque management that allows for better traction on uneven roads or off-road trails.
- The additional powertrain also increases the vehicle’s towing capacity by 250 pounds, bringing it up to 3,750 pounds
Honda Pilot Touring
- The top-of-the-line Honda Pilot Touring trim features a host of luxury features.
It includes a built-in navigation system, rear-seat entertainment system, and hands-free access to the trunk.
- It also has a more powerful engine that produces 325 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque.
This allows it to tow up to 5,000 pounds – the highest capacity in the Honda Pilot lineup.
Which Honda Pilot trim is right for you?
- If you need a vehicle that can tow a lot of weight, the Touring or Elite trims are the best options.
- If you’re looking for a more luxurious experience, the EX-L or Elite trims are your best bet.
- And if you just want a basic SUV that can handle light towing needs, like a lightweight boat or a small boat the LX or EX trim will work well for you.
No matter what your needs are, there’s a Honda Pilot trim that’s perfect for you.
Plus, the Honda Pilot gets great fuel economy, so you won’t have to worry about your towed items using up all of your gas.
And all models of the Honda Pilot towing features come equipped with an Integrated Class III Trailer Hitch towing with trailer hitch accessories, trailer hitch harness, trailer hitch receiver, and a Trailer Stability Assist system.
The Trailer Stability Assist system can detect trailer sway and respond by applying individual brakes or reducing engine power until stability is restored.
It has become one of the most popular Honda models on the road because of its combination of comfort, performance, and safety.
With its spacious interior and high-quality construction, the Honda Pilot SUV is perfect for family vacation trips or long road trips.
Honda Pilot Towing Power
Well, let’s take a look at the Honda Pilot towing capacity range. I’m sure you’ll be impressed!
When it comes to towing capacity, the Honda Pilot model is no slouch.
The Honda Pilot is a great option for those looking for an automatic transmission vehicle that can handle towing capacity.
With a 3.5l V6 engine with automatic transmission and up to 3,500 lb-ft of torque, the Pilot has plenty of power that can handle a lot of weight.
The trim level you choose will determine how much weight your Pilot can tow.
One of the nice things about this crossover is its towing capacity can handle whatever you need it to.
Q. Is the Honda Pilot Towing Capacity Safe?
They also designed the Honda Pilot to keep you safe on the road. It comes with a number of important safety features, including:
- blind-spot monitoring and
- lane departure warning.
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) Brake pedal for Brake Assist
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Rearview camera
- Hill Start Assist
- Variable cylinder management
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Direct-injection engine
- AWD system
Q: What engine comes standard in the Honda Pilot?
A: Standard on every trim level except the Touring and Elite, the 3.5-liter V6 engine produces 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque.
This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive comes standard. The wheel-drive model is available at an additional cost across all trim levels.
Q: How much cargo space does the Honda Pilot have?
A: The Pilot has more than enough room for all your cargo, with up to 83.9 cubic feet behind the first row, 46.8 cubic feet behind the second row, and 16.5 cubes behind the third row.
The rear seats also recline for passenger comfort!
Honda’s new Pilot is a great vehicle and perfect for both passenger and cargo transportation.
While it can easily transport seven passengers, this Honda SUV is also able to tow teardrop campers or utility trailers a family may want.
If you’re looking for a safe family car that can handle your weekend outdoor adventures without breaking a sweat.
Be sure to check out the Honda Pilot–it may just be what you’re looking for.
All in all, the Honda Pilot is a great car that has many qualities that make it a desirable vehicle.
It gets great fuel economy and can honda pilot haul people around or honda pilot tow something is quite impressive.
So if you’re in the market for a new tow vehicle, be sure to check out the Honda Pilot and be sure to test drive it first so that you can see how it feels on the road and if it’s the right fit for your needs.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve had a chance to check out this vehicle and what your thoughts are.