In this post you’re going to learn how to SAVE a LOT of TIME with a Checklist For Traveling.
These are the exact strategies I used to plan my trips, traveling over the past 30 years of flying.
And today I’m going to show you how I did it…
…and how you can do the same thing.
Travel Checklist for Business or Pleasure
A travel checklist is handy checklist that you make before making a trip, vacations or travel internationally.
- It helps you decide what to pack and what item to discard or are not required in your journey.
- Regardless of your traveling, or how long you will stay, there are some general items that every travel checklist should contain.
- Here are some items that typically every traveler must keep in mind while making a travel checklist.
- For your convenience, there are essential categories to help you understand fully about the travel checklist.
1: Health – (safety first)
- Pain killer, medications, pepto bismo, tums, gum, water
- A first aid box
- ORS Oral Rehydration Solution
- Mosquito net and insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Passport and Visa
- Tickets (bus, train, airline, boat)
- Boarding passes
- Copies of tickets and passport
- Health insurance card
- Driver license
- Medical prescriptions
- Student card
Pro Tip for Documents: Take pictures of your passport, drivers license, health insurance card, boarding passes, medical prescriptions & credit cards (front and back) – then save the photos to google drive or dropbox…somewhere where you can access them if you lose your wallet, purse and cel phone and laptop. If you are far away from home, these can be life savers and quickly speed up the process of proving your identity to the police, airlines, etc.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Emergency money
- Foreign currency
- Extra wallet
4: Travel aids –
- Travel locks
- Pen and paper
- Snacks and drinks
- Pocket knife
5: Clothes and essentials
- Cell phone charger
- Travel iron
6: Toiletries –
- Toothbrush/dental floss/paste
- Soap and shampoo, conditioner
- Nail cutter
- Feminine hygiene
- Skincare products
7 : General activities –
- Magazines, books
- Extra batteries for
- tablet or laptop
- Charger cord
- Spare cord
- Snacks for the trip
Now, these were some general items that you can easily find in a traveler’s checklist. In the next paragraph, we will discuss some specific items as per the traveling type.
1. What should I pack for a 5 day trip?
The problem with packing for a 5 day trip is that you may get confused whether you have more items packed in your bag or you are lacking something. Either way, the problem can just vanish if you know how to make a short period trip checklist.
Everything that you carry for your 5 days will all depend on your plan. Planning or visualizing your trip in advance will give you almost a clear picture of what items you will require.
Now, these visualizations may be on –
- Next few day weather conditions.
- The activities you are going to do on the trip.
However, besides all your plans there are some things that you must keep along with you. Those general items are listed above, make sure to go through them all and decide accordingly.
|5 day||7 day||10 day|
|1-2 suitcases||2 suitcases|
(Need a coat?)
|Put a hold |
4. What should I pack for a 7 day vacation?
So, as a vacation is a small break from a regular occupation you will be going to some refreshing location to enjoy some quality time. This means that the location you choose be it a beach, trip to a national park or historic monuments, cruise, etc. is the prime factor that will determine what items you should carry.
It is absolutely necessary for you to carry the general items but besides that, you can figure it out by researching thoroughly on your destination.
2. What should I pack for a 10 day trip?
A 10 day trip is somewhere between a short and long trip, so the things that are required in such trips are just the essential items. However, it is important to note that if there are chances to extend the trip you must be prepared by carrying some extra essential items.
3. What to pack for traveling?
There are different types of traveling such as –
- A weekend break
- A group tour
- Package holiday
- RV road trip
- Long term slow travel
- Visit relatives and friends
- Business and event travel
Now, you can identify what kind of traveling is yours and use the visualization trick and figure out the exact time period of the trip and backup some essential items.
Remember, as the trips are different there will be some items that will have to be removed. For example, you cannot carry a pocket knife for any international travel via airplane.
5. What to pack when traveling internationally?
Now, this is a serious traveling and will demand you to carry only those items that are legal and will not provide you any sort of trouble. International traveling is mostly about proper documents.
Documents such as passport, visa, identity card, and insurance are some necessary documents that should be handy. Other items include earphones, eye mask, pen, antibacterial wipes, power banks, clothes according to the weather.
6. Travel essentials carry on
- Travel wallet
- Shaving kit
- Skincare or grooming kit
- Other general items
- Can I Lift Weights After Botox?
- Extra handbag for personal items
- Feminine hygiene
- Other general items
7. Printable travel checklist
A travel checklist is best when it is paper, so printing out your travel checklist will make it easier for you to physically access the checklist. This means you can customize the checklist according to your needs.
8. Don’t forget…
What should you not forget when traveling?
A lot of people focus on their traveling stuff and do not pay much attention before leaving the house. It’s good that you have a checklist for first apartment, but it is also necessary for you to add in your checklist the common mistakes that people make while traveling –
- 1. Leaving the house unchecked
- 2. Making mistakes in carrying unseasonable clothes
- 3. Forgetting comfortable flip-flops
- 4. Not carrying first aid kit or even painkiller
- 5. Not carrying Q-tips for long trips
- 6. Does not carry extra cash and baggage
The bottom line is that – as a traveler you must use a checklist to pack for your trip. The best and easiest way is making a travel checklist that will prevent all sorts of downside on your trips and travel and make you efficient.