Our team independently researches, tests, and recommend the best products; We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
What are the Best American Made Garden Tools?
- Pointed Shovels – by Bully Tools
- Heavy Duty Professional Hedge Shears – by Barnel
- Snips – by Channellock
- 2″ Knee N’ Back Pad – by Bennette Design Group
- Trowel – by Wilcox All Pro
- Rogue Hoe – by Fireline Trail Hoe
- Kennedy Manufacturing – 24″ All-Purpose Tool Box
- Velvicut Premium American Felling Axe – by Council Tool
- Ride Sport Wagon – by Berlin Flyer
Sick and tired of buying garden tools every year? If this is the case then you must have ended up buying new ones probably every few years.
Break the cycle: Buy tools Made in USA for quality, dependable, long lasting tools.
For affordable yet high-quality gardening tools it is best to go for American made garden tools.
You will Learn:
- Best American made Garden Tools
- Best brands
Types of tools
Some of the must-have American made garden tools from these brands are:
Bully Tools Pointed Shovels
Bully Tools – Pointed Shovels are made in a superior fashion with our house robotic welding, metal forming & stamping, plasma cutting, heat treating, tempering, injection molding, powder coating, product design, and much more!
- Made of 14 gauge steel
- Commercial grade
- It provides better durability, reliability.
- Will not break
Barnel B1100XL 36-inch Heavy Duty Professional Hedge Shears
- Barnel has been making heavy duty shears and other garden tools for years, since 1985 in Portland, OR.
- Long reach. The 36″ handles along with your arms can shear most anything on the ground and within reach.
- Extremely sharp
- Constructed of aluminum handles utilizing sure grips
- Self-lubricating bolt to keep the shears from rusting and easily cutting for years to come
Channellock 10″ Aviation Snips
Everyone knows Channellock Pliers are the best pliers you can get. They also make excellent Channellock snips to cut any metal you need to be removed while you are gardening.
They have been in business for over 100 years and their tools will last your family over 100+ more.
- Made in USA (Meadville, Pennsylvania)
- Clamping lock
- Quality steel
- Ergonomic grip and angles
2″ Knee N’ Back Pad by Bennette Design Group
- Save your back! Very comfortable knee and back pad makes gardening much more enjoyable.
- Sanitary. It has an anti-microbial soft closed-cell foam that is resistant to water, dirt, and more.
- Anti-slip bottom is ribbed to provide stability while gardening or working outside
- Easy clean up with soapy water.
- Durable. Won’t rip if torn.
The Bennettee Design Group creates unique cushions and pads to help make work and play more enjoyable.
Wilcox All Pro 202S Trowel, 14″
- Great for deep bulb planting and breaking roots.
- Designed not to bend or break. Stainless Steel will last decades.
- Made in the USA.
Wilcox All Pro tools has been making gardening (specializing in digging tools) in the Iowa since 1966.
They pride themselves on craftsmanship and attention to detail and customer service. If you ever have an issue with your tool they will be sure to take care of you the 1st time, unlike other companies.
Rogue Hoe 6 – Fireline Trail Hoe with Fiberglass Handle
Ever since 2006, they’ve offered their characteristic quality, hand-crafted Rogue Hoes for gardeners, trail builders, fire fighters, and farmers across the world.
Each hoe is hand-crafted – 100% made in the USA – from recycled agricultural disc blades. Each tool boasts a high grade tempered steel and most models are sharpened on 3 sides. They DO hold an edge!
Kennedy Manufacturing – 24″ All-Purpose Tool Box
Kennedy Manufacturing’s All-Purpose Tool Box is the tool box you have always needed. Unlike the cheap big box store plastic tool boxes or weak metal tool boxes that other companies make – Kennedy Manufacturing has hit this out of the ball park. Check out these specs:
- Heavy-Duty locking latch can be locked with a padlock.
- Top Lift-out tray with socket set divider
- Lower storage area for tools up to 24″ long
- Made in the USA
- Extremely durable. Crafted in the United States with industrial-strength materials
ProPlugger 5-IN-1 Lawn Tool and Garden Tool
- ProPlugger 5-IN-1 Lawn Tool and Garden Tool is also great for Planting, as a Weeder, as Sod Plugger, an Annual Planter and Soil Tester.
- Work smarter. This versatile tools will make a great addition to your garden tools and will make your work a lot easier.
Council Tool Velvicut Premium American Felling Axe With Sheath
Council Tool Velvicut Premium American Felling Axe is one of the best & sharpest Axes you can buy. The high carbon steel is harder than cheaper knock offs…which don’t hold an edge.
- 32″ American hickory handle
- Comes presharpened. Extremely sharp!
- Stays sharper longer than cheaper versions. Made of High Carbon American Steel.
Berlin Flyer Ride Sport Wagon
Berlin’s Sport Flyer Wagon could handle the terrain on the moon if NASA took it there. Wagons with the Berlin Flyer brand have been handcrafted in the heart of Amish country in Berlin, Ohio since the 1970s.
Why you need one:
- Great for hauling kids, garden supplies or for sitting. The versatile wagon has removable sides so you can side down on it while gardening or working outside.
- Very stable and Safe. Designed not to tip over.
- Amish-Made, removable side railings.
- Strong. It can carry a 300 lb capacity
- Long. 36″ long x 7-1/4″ wide x 9″ deep
- Huge Foam-Filled Tires – won’t go flat. Make it easy to roll over dirt, grass, mulch effortlessly.
Below some of the best American brands known for their garden tools has been discussed. So, without further ado:
Known for: Shovels, rakes, trowels, hand shovels and other garden and outdoor tools with fiberglass handles.
- One of the best things about them is that they provide tools with fiberglass handles.
- Their tools also feature soft-touch rubber grips which are worth mentioning as well.
Kennedy Manufacturing has been in business since 1914 in Van Wert, Ohio. They make tool boxes, chests and cabinets for residential, commercial and industrial clients who need durable, quality products.
Armstrong: Founded in 1890 Armstrong has an impressive range of hand tools that are suitable for industrial and domestic uses.
Council Tool: For those who are on the lookout for the best of Hand tools and American Axes, there can be very few who can match up to Council Tool.
Channellock: Another top class American hand tool manufacturer, Channellock has been set up in the year 1886.
Hardcore Hammers: This company has been around for around 15 years and has been able to make its presence quite a bit with some of the best domestic handtools.
Klien Tools: Started in the year 1857, in Chicago, this company makes some of the best hand tools for various uses.
Known for: Unique handcrafted. Trowels, knives and other garden and outdoor tools
- If you are looking for phenomenal hand-crafted American made garden tools then this company will be your safest bet. Beside being beautifully crafted, their tools feature walnut-black colored handles that are known for being comfortable and sturdy.
- The steel used are hand-forged by Tuli Fisher which are fixed to the handles with solid steel rivets in order to provide more sturdiness and durability.
Known for: providing long-lasting products, high performance and ergonomic designs.
From its humble beginnings in 1985, this Oregon-based company has come a long way, all thanks to their massive collection of great gardening and woodworking tools.
- Some of their products are made with aluminum and stainless steel that are good value for money.
Rouge Garden Hoe
This particular tool from the company is one of the best products out in the market currently. Cutting through dirt and moving it effectively can be done with ease with the product. One of the best things about the tempered steel head of this hoe is the fact that it is made with recycle agricultural disc blades.
So, it will surely help you to reduce your carbon footprint. The head is hand-sharpened on all three sides. So, this durable head is perfect for all soil types. The comfortable to use 60-inch handle is perfect for a person of any height as it happens to be lightweight as well. Besides this, the company has a lot more to offer.
Florian Ratchet Pruner
One of the best products of this company happens to be their ratchet pruner which can quite easily deal with both thick and thin branches. This sharp tool is unique in design, and happens to be lightweight which makes hacking and trimmings branches with it a less-heavy affair. As per the company, compared to a standard pruner, this one can perform 7 times better.
The reason why it is so lightweight is because of the handle which is made from fiberglass-reinforced with nylon. The handle happens to be durable and sturdy as well. The blade is made up of high-carbon steel that comes with non-stick PTFE coating. So, there is no need to deal with pesky residue buildup any more. Compared to what you are getting the price is quite reasonable. In fact, all of their products are price fairly.
Buck Knives is an American knife manufacturer located in Post Falls, Idaho. The company has a long history through five generations of the Buck family from 1902 to the present day.
They make several outdoor and garden knives, hatchets, axes out of quality steel with precision standards.
- Best American Made Hand Tools Under $300 for DIYers (brands & tools)!
- Best Charcoal Grill Side Fire Box Under $400 (& Smoking Step-by-step Guide)
- 15 Tips for Landscaping a Hillside >$450: What to buy & plant, what to avoid
- Best Outdoor Fireplace
- Kill COVID: UV Light in HVAC are Effective & Save Lives!
Now that you have the list, what are you still waiting for? Start collecting the best American made garden tools today!